Date(s) - 03/08/2018
West Jr. High
Categories No Categories
4-H’ers have the chance to showcase their skills in the kitchen for the 4-H baking contest. Each grade is tasked with making a different food item. Fourth grade is cookies, 5th grade is cornbread muffins, 6th grade is drop biscuits or muffins, 7th grade is quick bread, and 8th grade is a yeast-based bread item.
Rules for the contest include:
• Bake the food yourself.
• Use any recipe you like, but do not use mixes.
• Read all instructions carefully.
• Wash your hands and all kitchen utensils you will use before beginning.
• Bring food on a paper plate sealed inside a plastic re-closable bag.
• Bring the recipe you used on a 3” x 5” index card (or notebook paper if you don’t have index cards). Write your name, grade, school, and club/teacher on the back of the recipe card.
• Bring your food item to the February Club meeting!
Club members are asked to bring their items to school on their club meeting day, where the items will be judged. First place club winners will be invited to make their entries again and compete at the Fayette County 4-H Baking Contest on March 8th at West Jr. High School, 13100 Hwy 194, Oakland, TN 38060. (Note: The same recipe should be used for both the club and the county contests.) Registration starts at 5 p.m., and the contest starts at 5:30 p.m.
Need help or ideas? Ask your parents, grandparents, friends, family, neighbors, etc. for recipes! You can also call the Extension office (901-465-5233), email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or message us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fayette4H/.