The Somerville Police Department will be accepting applications for CERTIFIED ONLY Police Officer candidates for current openings. The schedule is a 14 day a month rotating shift with nights and weekend work required. The employee would be off every other weekend, under normal schedule conditions. Starting salary is based upon experience. State retirement TCRS with match by the Town of Somerville. An optional retirement plan is also available with matching funds.
Excellent medical benefits for employee and family. Free vision and dental for employee. After first full year of employment you may be eligible for college tuition reimbursement for a degree program relating to the field of law enforcement.
Eligible applicants must be certified as a police officer by the Tennessee Police Officer Standards and Training Commission (P.O.S.T.), be at least 21 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license, have a high school diploma/GED, be a U.S. citizen, have no felony convictions and be able to successfully pass psychological, physical, and polygraph exams as well as a drug screen. Officers who are P.O.S.T. certified through another state and can be certified in Tennessee by an abbreviated class at the Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Academy will be considered.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINE:
The application deadline is May 09, 2018
Apply in person at Town of Somerville 13850 N. Main St. Somerville, Tn 38068
The City of Somerville is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free with policies of non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or military service. Telephone 901-465-9500 (HR/Personnel).
Fayette Industrial- Warehouse Technician
The Warehouse Technician position receives, stores and distributes supplies, materials, machinery and chemicals within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with unloading trucks, checking in items, matching purchase orders to sales orders and loading trucks with items for proper distribution.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets/shelves or relocate orders to designated distribution area.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and clean for visitor traffic at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment and follow proper safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed, to successfully meet the needs of FAYETTE customers and/or accounts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be 21 years +
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Flexibility in schedule – may be required to work some weekends.
- Desire to work as a team player and the ability to work independently.
- Time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, may be required to work some weekends.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent years of experience, preferred but not required.
- One year of prior warehouse technician experience, preferred but not required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative result.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
The Victim Advocate provides direct assistance to victims and survivors of domestic violence from initial contact to self-sufficiency. The Victim Advocate has a strong focus on delivering intervention, prevention, and support services for adults who have experienced violence within intimate relationships.
As a member of a direct service team, the Victim Advocate works out of the main Fayette Cares office, the Fayette County Justice Complex, and performs duties at locations in Fayette and neighboring counties. Some on-call, weekend, and evening work, as well as overnight travel will be required.
This is a full time Exempt position with paid leave, holidays, health insurance, and retirement benefits. The Victim Advocate must have a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Behavioral Science, or related field. Another combination of relevant education/experience will be considered.
Qualifications and desired skills include but are not limited to:
A minimum of two years experience working with victims/survivors of domestic violence and/or homeless families is preferred.
Applicants must possess excellent administrative and human resources skills including: computer expertise, written and verbal communication skills, self-confidence, initiative, flexibility, skills, and a high degree of professionalism.
Must be a team player, demonstrate motivation, exercise discretion and dependability, adhere to business profession code of ethics, and function well under stressful conditions.
Interested applicants can apply at FayetteCares.org/Careers and should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are by appointment only.
Somerville, TN 38068-1426
Cordova, TN 38016-5303
Local company in Somerville TN is looking for plastic laminate, custom, cabinet and countertop fabricators & machine operators to build commercial cabinetry with minimal oversight. All cabinets and countertops must meet pre-determined specifications and the highest established quality standards. Working hours for this position are 7am to 3:30pm with Saturdays and overtime required on a regular basis. The salary range for this position is $10/hr - $20/hr DOE.
Candidates with a minimum of 3 years previous experience are preferred but will train the right individual fabricating custom, commercial, plastic laminate cabinets and countertops, be proficient in the use of manufacturing equipment power-hand tools, and manual tools, possess the ability to file a clean edge, understand shop drawings, be able to develop prototypes from conceptual sketches and drawings, have an EXCELLENT attendance record, be a self-motivated team member, and maintain an extremely positive attitude in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
Please apply in person to 13545 Highway 59 Somerville Tn, fax resume to 901-466-7940. NO PHONE CALLS, Any eligible candidates that call will not be considered for employment. NO PHONE CALLS
Somerville, Tennessee 38068
Summary: If you would someday like to own and operate an insurance and financial company but would like training and guidance before jumping into the entrepreneur seat, this may be of interest to you. We are looking for full-time team members to act as customer sales relations specialist and as product specialist. With over 100 products that penetrate the insurance, financial and banking industries, we get to be the risk managers for our customers and assess any gaps or concerns they may have and offer a plan that aligns with their financial portfolio. Here, you will work alongside a business mentor that will help cultivate your ability to correspond with customers in this industry, assess the customer’s risk and work through the process of quoting and binding coverage for the various products we offer. All of this will take place in high energy, lighthearted and fun working environment while giving you the opportunity to be very lucrative. At some point, if you wish to transition into an agent and open your own company, we can help you along that journey as well and when you do, you will be backed by a Fortune 500 company with nearly 100 years of experience.
$24,000 Salary + Commission (Realistic First Year Total Income: $35,000 - $55,000)
• Must have Property, Casualty, Accident & Health and Life insurance license through the state of Tennessee (We can help you obtain these beforehand if you do not already have them)
• Bachelor’s Degree and more specifically, a Bachelor’s Degree concentrated in a business related field, is preferred
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Sales, marketing, customer service or management experience preferred (but not required)
• Pass a drug screening and criminal background check which is administered during the hiring process
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
• Khakis and Red Polo Not Required!
• Relationship Building skills
• Ability to be coached
• Sales and Marketing skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Excellent communication skills via phone and e-mail correspondence
• Desire to help people improve their lives
• Goal-oriented and focused on success
• Time management and organizational skills
• Must be willing to have fun
• Prospecting and generating new business through internet leads and with an already established referral program
• Provide excellent customer service
• Processing payments and customer’s requests
• Meeting with customers to determine their needs through policy reviews
• Daily team meetings to act as motivation and inspiration
• Generating and explaining quotes
Caleb Hollingsworth, President